Now that the Data Protection Act 2018 is in force we have updated our subscription model. You can sign up to follow this blog by entering your email on the left. You can also withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email you receive from us.


Thursday, 10 December 2015

SFA Housing - Process On Making A Stage 2 Housing Complaint.

Not all housing complaints are straightforward and you may not be happy with the response your complaint receives. So here is a refresher of the process and note that stage 2 has been updated so for those unfortunate enough to be familiar with the complaints system please take the time to look at the changes.

Stage 1 – If you are unhappy with a service whether its maintenance, contractors, or housing allocations you should raise a complaint with CarillionAmey and make sure you receive a reference number.

Stage 2 - If you find you are unhappy with the response you receive from CarillionAmey at stage 1 and wish to escalate the issue to stage 2, you can use a new online form as introduced by DIO. The new form features simple text boxes with a clear indication of what information you need to provide before the form can be emailed to the DIO Service delivery Customer Service Team at RAF Wyton.

Stage 3 - If you have completed stage 2 and are still dissatisfied, you can escalate your complaint to the Independent Housing Review Panel click here for the full details.

What’s new about stage 2?
You have two options. The first requires the soldier to complete the complaint form online, at work on the military intranet. The second option enables either the soldier or the spouse to file the complaint.
  1. Online - by completing the online stage 2 complaint form which is available on the MOD Intranet.
  2. Letter - by writing to the Customer Service Team at:
    DIO Service Delivery Accommodation,
    Ground Floor, Swales Pavilion,
    RAF Wyton,
    PE28 2EA
Quote the stage 1 complaint reference number and briefly set out your complaint, why you are not satisfied with the stage 1 response and what outcome you would like.
DIO should acknowledge your stage 2 complaint within three working days and provide you with a reference number. An investigation will then be carried out - depending on the nature of the complaint, this can take some time.

Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Benefits & Employment Links

Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) : https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/overview

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA): https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance

How and when your benefits are paid: https://www.gov.uk/how-to-have-your-benefits-paid

Find a job with Universal Jobmatch: https://www.gov.uk/jobsearch

Looking for work if you're disabled: https://www.gov.uk/looking-for-work-if-disabled

Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Employment Opportunities For Military Spouses

For part time/full time and Christmas temp positions in Poole, Bournemouth & Salisbury, please contact Beth Skeels on Beths@benefitcosmetics.com

Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Deployment Activity Books for children Age 8 -12 Years

The Adventures of Harvey & Bob and the Adventures of Harvey and Bob Bumper Fun Book are two (free) publications based on deployment activities and aimed at children between the ages of 8-12 years.

The HIVE now has these books in stock, so if your spouse/partner is away on deployment and you have children within that age range please pop in to the HIVE and pick up a copy. 

Monday, 9 November 2015

Leaving The Forces - Service Accommodation Irregular Occupancy

Whilst in the Armed Forces, you are provided with Service Accommodation.

If you are living in Service Families Accommodation (SFA) but leaving the Armed Forces you will be served with 93 days Notice to Vacate by the Defence Estates Officer. The Notice to Vacate expires on your discharge date, and this is when you legally lose the right to occupy your Service Accommodation (medically discharged personnel have an additional 93 days). 

If you remain in your property after this time, you will become an Irregular Occupant and will be required to pay Damage for Trespass charges (called Violent Profits in Scotland). For assistance with these charges, (means tested) contact your Local Authority or the Department for Work and Pensions to discuss Housing Benefit. Website: www.dwp.gov.uk.

DE will begin proceedings for the repossession of the property, and while the process may take some time, the Court is most likely to order the property back to DE, and you will be liable for Court costs. Despite this, it is important to note that if you leave the property before you are ordered to do so, your local authority may argue that you have made yourself ‘intentionally homeless’, and therefore have no legal duty to house you.

If you are a Single Service Leaver occupying Single Living Accommodation, you are able to remain until your last day of military pay, but no longer. For further assistance on your housing options, we would also advise that you contact the Single Person’s Accommodation Centre for the Ex-Services (SPACES) up to 6 months before your discharge date. 
Contact 01748 833797. www.spaces.org.uk

Useful Contacts Regarding Housing

Joint Service Housing Advice Office:
Telephone: 01252 787574 Mil: 94222 7574 Freephone 0800 3287641

Shelter: Helpline: 0808 800 4444 www.shelter.org.uk

Citizens Advice Bureau: Search for your local CAB online at www.citizensadvice.org.uk

The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association – Forces Help (SSAFA): Housing Advisory Service: 02074 639398 www.ssafa.org.uk

The Royal British Legion: Telephone: 02032 072100 www.britishlegion.org.uk

Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Are you a Military Wife who has considered studying for a degree, educational course, or re-training course?

Are you a Military Wife who has considered studying for a degree, educational course, or re-training course?

Did you know that the The Royal Legion Women's Section can help you ?!

If you are the spouse / partner of someone who is serving/ex serving (including widows and divorced spouses who aren't in a new cohabiting relationship), then RBLWS may be able to help you, through the President's Award Scheme.

So if you've ever fancied studying a certain subject, or perhaps re-training so that you can work from home, why not take a look at the full details here

We want more military wives to know about the RBLWS and the President's Award Scheme.

Thursday, 17 September 2015

Army Families Support - Deployment

Resources available for you

Don't forget our Separation Packs, so many Little Trooper benefit from these, be it for a one month exercise for a 9 month deployment. The packs help the child feel part of the process and connected to their soldier over the separation period.

Included in the pack is a booklet for parents.

Read more and order HERE

For details on the  website and events go to www.mydaddyisasoldieradventures.org

Civilian Housing On Leaving The Services

If you are at risk of losing your accommodation you should contact the Housing Advice Service of your local authority for free advice and assistance as soon as possible. The main thing to remember is to act early to give us as much time to help as we can.
We offer a range of services to help people of all ages and circumstances , providing advice at an early stage about your available housing options

Please remember that there is a huge demand for social housing which is in short supply. This means that council and housing association properties are not widely available and usually only go to those who are in the most need. You must consider other solutions to your housing needs. If you receive a gratuity on leaving the Services, this will be taken into account by many authorities who will expect you to use these funds to provide your own home. 

Independent housing advice can also be obtained free of charge from Shelter (opens in a new window)  or your local Citizens Advice Bureau (opens in a new window) .

Citizens Advice Bureau Wareham provide drop in sessions at Bovington HIVE every Tuesday 9.30am – 1pm. Appointments not necessary, just turn up. An adviser will see you in a private room. Confidentiality guaranteed.

Finding private sector accommodation is usually the most realistic housing option for many people offering many choices.
Before you look for a property you should decide on how many bedrooms you will need, especially if you need to apply for housing benefit to assist in paying your rent. If you are entitled to housing benefit we may not pay for a property that is too large for your needs as assessed under Local Housing Allowance regulations.

Where to find accommodation for rent
Properties to let can be found advertised in local newspapers, letting agents, shop windows, on websites and by word of mouth.
Local newspapers and websites include:
·         Fish4 (opens in a new window) http://www.dorsetforyou.com/dorsetforyou/images/newwindow.gif
Letting Agencies usually advertise in the local press, Yellow Pages and the Thomson Local Directory. It is advisable to visit a number of different agencies to increase your chances of finding accommodation. Agencies can be expensive, often charging fees, and expecting rent in advance and security deposits.

Securing Rented Accommodation
When looking for private accommodation it is often 'first-come first-served' so contact the landlord quickly. Try to give a good impression over the telephone and when you meet in person. You may be asked questions such as whether you work, have children or pets, how old you are and if you smoke. It is best to be honest because you need to find a home that is suitable for you and your family and a landlord who is happy with you as a tenant.

If the landlord requires rent in advance or a deposit and you do not have the money available, try to negotiate.  You may also be eligible for assistance from our Rent Deposit Schemes if you have no source of raising the finance needed yourself.

Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Monday, 10 August 2015

Service Children's Education Advisory Service

The Children's Education Advisory Service (CEAS) provides expert and impartial advice about the education of service children.
CEAS provides information and advice as well as supporting parents at meetings with schools, local authorities, at tribunal etc. No question is too small or too large for us to deal with. If we don’t know the answer ourselves we usually know someone who does.
To read more CLICK HERE
Telephone: 01980 618 244 (Military 94 344 8244)

Moving Schools booklets are available FREE from your local HIVE or CLICK HERE to download

"My Daddy's Going Away & Mummy's Home" Books

For more information on BOTH books, click on the link below

Monday, 27 July 2015

SSAFA - Lifelong Support for the Forces and their Families

We are SSAFA. We provide lifelong support for our Forces and their families, whenever and wherever they need us. If you need a helping hand, get in touch.

Click HERE for more information.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

HIVE - Help With Moving Out

If you are due to be posted soon, Bovington HIVE has an updated move out information guide that will help with the moving process. The relocation guide includes details of applying for SFA, arranging pre move out appointments, Essential guide to moving, booking removals and Carilllionamey "walk away" scheme (SFA Cleaning) 

HIVE can also provide you with a guide to preparing your Qtr for move out, local cleaning companies & window cleaners. 

Should you require a HIVE move out information guide, information on your new location or have any relocation enquires please call in to the HIVE or contact 01929 403185. 
Email bovingtonhive@armymail.mod.uk 

Monday, 20 July 2015

Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Blandford - Local Driving Lessons

Contact Kirstie Smith 075556 98339

Blandford Camp - Free Legal Advice

To book call 01258 459361. Sessions are held in the Williams Building, Blandford Garrison 

Friday, 26 June 2015

Help With Housing On Leaving The Forces

JSHAO (Joint Service Housing Advice Office) 

Mil 94222 7574Civ 01252 787574

Joint Service Housing Advice Office
Montgomery House
Hammersley Barracks
Queen’s Avenue
GU11 2J

Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Pilates Classes - Winfrith (near Wool)

Wednesday 5:30 and 7pm: Body Control Pilates classes with Pete Whittet at Winfrith Village Hall. 

Improve your fitness and mobility.Suitable for men and women, from age 18 upwards.  The classes are light-hearted, safe and effective.

Pete has been teaching full-time since 2001.  He is a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals, both at level 3 (Pilates instructor) and level 4 (specialist exercise instructor in the management of low back pain).

There is a limit to the class size, so you will need to reserve a place.  Each class costs £10.  Once you are in a class, that place is yours for as long as you want to keep it, but please do let Pete know if you decide to leave.

Contact Pete by leaving a message on 01305 851 581, or by sending an email to petewhittet@hotmail.com.


Monday, 9 March 2015

Nursery & Childcare Provision - Bovington