Now that the Data Protection Act 2018 is in force we have updated our subscription model. You can sign up to follow this blog by entering your email on the left. You can also withdraw your permission to receive our emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email you receive from us.


Friday, 23 June 2017

Defence Discount Service Card

Who qualifies for the service?

The official Ministry of Defence discount service is available for all members of the Defence Community and you can join for free and start saving £100's a year. The Service is available for the follow:

- Serving Armed Forces - Reserve Forces - Spouses/Partners of serving personnel - Forces Veterans - MOD Civil Servants
- Bereaved Family Members
- War/Service Widow(er)s - Cadet Forces (over 16) - NATO Personnel in the UK

For more information and to apply for a card go to https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk

Carillionamey - Top Tips For Successful Move Out Of Families Accommodation

Website: Visit the CA website at www.carillionamey.co.uk  for all guidance on Moving out of Service Family Accommodation

Film: Watch the CarillionAmey Pre- Move out and Move out YouTube film on our website under the Service Family Accommodation section/Guides, Booklets and Films  

Pre Move Out Appointment: Book and attend your pre – move out appointment

Move Out Tick Sheet Booklet: Download and use your Move out tick sheet booklet from our website to understand what you need to do and check each area of your property to make sure it meets the Move out standard

If you are living in Service Family Accommodation, your CarillionAmey Accommodation Officer (AO) is your key point of contact on the ground.  Their role is instrumental in making sure that you and we are looking after your home from the moment you move into it to the moment you move out. 

Our AOs are often your first point of contact and make a real difference to the smooth running of your move in and out. We now have a large team of 138 people working as AOs or in supporting roles and we’re running on-going training to ensure they have both the technical expertise you need as well as being customer focused.

Each AO looks after between 250 to 300 properties and is responsible for moving families into and out of them as well as looking after you whilst you are living in the property. They also ensure local play parks, street lighting and communal grounds areas are well maintained.

If you have an ongoing issue with your property or surrounding areas, please call the Helpdesk on 0800 707 6000 on either option 1 or option 3 and ask our advisor to contact your AO to arrange a home visit.  By working together, we can try and make sure that your stay in your property is an enjoyable one.    

Thursday, 22 June 2017

Monday, 19 June 2017

Bovington Nursery School

Places available for children from
3 months to pre-school
8am - 6pm

Please contact Bovington Nursery, 
Cox Close 
BH20 6FD.

Tel 01929 403602 
E-Mail bovington-nursery@btconnect.com
Or visit anytime. (We are next to the Tank Museum)

Easy Way To Find Local Childcare

Childcare UK is an award winning online social networking platform for parents, childcare providers and private tutors with over 1,000,000 members. Start your childcare search or childcare job search today.

By typing in what you are looking for in terms of childcare, such as a baby sitter, maternity nurse, private tutor or schools, together with your postcode, this website will do the work for you. It also helps you look for childcare jobs!

It is free to register.

Friday, 16 June 2017


When was the last time you tested your smoke alarms?

Be sure to push the test button every so often and replace batteries if the warning bleeps start.

Thursday, 15 June 2017

Running a business in your SFA

Running a business from home makes sense for many families. It offers greater flexibility for Service families who move frequently or have child or caring responsibilities.

If you wish to use your Service Family Accommodation (SFA) to run a business you must gain prior written approval from your Local Service Commander and the CarillionAmey Occupancy Services Team (0800 707 6000 - Option 3, email occupancyservices@carillionamey.co.uk  or visit www.carillionamey.co.uk 
 before undertaking commercial activities in your property.

JSP 464: Tri- Service Accommodation Regulations regarding Business/commercial activity.
The use of SFA for a business or commercial activity e.g. internet and home working, mail order catalogue; cosmetic representative; kitchenware sale; registered child minding etc is not generally prohibited but prior permission must be sought from the NHPHD and the Local Service Commander [Overseas: In BF(G) the business is also to be registered with both the local BF(G) Customs and Immigration Office and Garrison/Station HQs]. This is particularly relevant if the SFA is behind the wire where there may be security and access considerations. Such activities must not be prejudicial to the good order of the SFA estate and the general interest of other occupants. Business or commercial undertakings requiring installation of industrial machinery, storage of heavy, large, toxic or explosive materials, car repairs or constant visits to the SFA by members of the public (e.g. surgery/advice services) are not permitted in SFA, and the unauthorised use of a SFA for such an activity could lead to compulsory vacation.

Friday, 2 June 2017

Carillionamey - How To Contact Us

Calling CarillionAmey from a Mobile: Alternative Contact Number

Calls to the Carillion Amey Helpdesk 0800 number from a mobile will incur a cost. Please use this number  
0151 728 1630

This goes to the same option number so is no different to the 0800 one, but will be included in talk time plans, or may cost less when calling from abroad.

To call the helpdesk on a landline phone 0800 707 6000